Thank you for being part of the Florida Academy of Audiology’s (FLAA) Listserv community. The listserv is provided as a service of FLAA. FLAA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The FLAA listserv community is a place for members to share information, ask for assistance, discuss issues, and enjoy communicating with colleagues. To ensure the best possible experience for all listserv members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using these e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a beneficial medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these key guidelines. If you have questions, you may contact the listserv manager at email@example.com. In order to maintain a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, membership in this listserv is subject to the following rules:
- FLAA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
- State the topic of your comments concisely and clearly in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that is beneficial to everyone.
- Send personal messages to individuals rather than the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Your comments should pertain to the area or topic where they are placed. If not, they may be moved or, in some cases, even deleted.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are intended to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Please allow others to express their opinions.
- Do not post commercial messages on the listserv. Please contact individuals directly with product and service information, if you feel it would benefit them.
- The listserv may not be utilized for advertising purposes, to promote or sell any product or service.
- The listserv may not be used to promote any event other than a FLAA-sanctioned event.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Any material that is posted that is deemed inappropriate or violates #6-#11 will be deleted.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- Do not misrepresent yourself, in any other way conceal your identity, or post
anonymous messages on the listserv.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the
permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and
represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has
received permission from the copyright owner.
- You own your own words and, in the same token, should have permission to
use the words of others. You should assume that no one will copy your messages from the forums and email them, place them on a Web page, or otherwise use them without your permission. Fair use allows the posting of small excerpts and Web links to the full articles.
- Privileged information (e.g., names of clients) may not be distributed.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” through the listserv. Instead, use the E-list section of your member profile (in the member directory) to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Respect the security of our listserv. Do not send or propagate messages that contain computer viruses or components that threaten to interfere with or comprom
ise the integrity of our system.
- The rules of this document are subject to change at any time.