As previously stated, the Florida Academy of Audiology is pleased to introduce legislation in Florida to require insurance companies to provide coverage for hearing care and hearing aids for children with private health insurance.
FLORIDA SENATE: SB 572 – http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/00572
SB 572: Insurance Coverage for Hearing Aids for Children
GENERAL BILL by Baxley
Filed: Jan. 29, 2019
FLORIDA HOUSE: HB 531 – http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/00531
HB 531: Insurance Coverage for Hearing Aids for Children
GENERAL BILL by Brannan; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith, C.
Next stop is Tallahassee on Wednesday, March 6, when we will meet with our Florida legislators in person to request their support. We again, need your help! Sign up to attend this great event by clicking here. We ask that you please sign up by Friday, February 22, in order to ensure that appointments are requested with the appropriate legislators. The more participants, the louder the voice of Florida audiologists will be! Again, please consider attending.
Now is the time to get behind these initiatives:
- Send a letter to your local legislator.
- Tell families of children with hearing loss to also call their members of the State Legislature to support House Bill HB 531 and Senate Bill SB 572.
- Please help us continue the momentum and “like” our new Facebook page for this effort:
- Join us in Tallahassee on March 6, 2019 for our Children’s Hearing Technology Day to advocate for children’s hearing health and educate legislators on the necessary technology to do so.
- REGISTER HERE!
- Send a check to FLAA with a memo to allocate the money for these legislative initiatives.
- Join FLAA for 2019, an important step for the families we serve.
- Click here to renew your membership or click here to become a new member. There is strength in numbers and we need your support to continue this effort!